It’s no secret that when you buy an MRI scanner, you’re buying more than just the scanner. There are quite a few additional elements you might want to plan for. We talked to the experts at Atlantis Worldwide and created this list of “must haves” when you buy your new, used or refurbished MRI Scanner.
- Coils: There are several different kinds of coils for an MRI and you’ll want to make sure you get the ones that fit the needs of your practice, clinic, hospital or urgent care facility. There are coils for CTL, flex (large and small), head, knee, wrist, shoulder, breast, prostate and surface, to name just a few. By getting the right coils when you purchase your MRI Scanner, you’ll avoid having to pay the more expensive option of buying “a la carte” coils. This alone can save you some money.
- Chiller: You’ll need a proper chiller unit to cool your magnet. It will be plumbed from your MRI to the exterior of the building. By making sure a chiller is included in your purchase price, you’ll save extra costs and time.
- Training: You’ll need 2-4 days of training to get your team up and running with your new MRI Scanner. This helps establish protocols. Plus, it’s helpful to have a second set of eyes while your first patient scans are administered. This will increase image quality and throughput.
- Injector: Make sure you have a pedestal or ceiling injector included with your purchase. This is yet another way to save.
- Pads: You’ll need table and positioning pads. While they aren’t super expensive, it can be difficult to purchase them separately after your equipment is installed, so go ahead and make sure you get them with your MRI.
- Site Planning Support: If you want your construction to be done correctly and without hassles, make sure you get site-specific CAD drawings from your MRI vendor. It will save you from $10,000-$100,000!
- Peace of Mind: Knowing you have everything you need to get the job done correctly is priceless. You’ll avoid having to spend extra money and time to get everything you need.
Talk to an Expert
As with all medical imaging purchases, it pays to speak to an expert so you can avoid costly mistakes. If you need advice about turnkey solutions for medical imaging, talk to Atlantis Worldwide. We’ve been helping hospitals, clinics, practices, veterinary hospitals, urgent care facilities and other medical practices with their medical imaging needs for more than 28 years. We’d love to help you.
Talk to Atlantis Worldwide today.
Some blogs you may have missed: